In the same day, McCain said these two statements 3 hours apart:
"The fundamentals of our economy are strong..."
"The fundamentals of our economy are struggling..." (or something to that effect),
I guess his advisers don't read the early morning papers. Then he came on The Today Show to claim that by "fundamentals of our economy" he was referring to "American workers". What a load of bull. Even if that were true, how much more must American workers suffer before we get some substantial relief? Before we get health care that's better than going across to Mexico for surgery? Bear Stearns must not be allowed to go under but it's ok for millions of Americans to lose their homes due to the same reckless greed on Wall Street. Fannie and Freddie get govt cheese but it's too good for American workers. Pure bull!
Unfortunately, Matt didn't press McCain on why he changed his tone 3 hours after. I am sure those who claim Palin has foreign policy experience because "she lives close to Russia" will find that lame explanation plausible.
If Americans elect McCain for a 3rd Bush term...well the statement "you get the govt you deserve" will never be truer. Final words: if you are a republican and you are not rich, you are a fool. It's really that simple! Because you are trading
- economic relief,
- tax breaks for the working people,
- govt handout and
- freedom of choice (pro-choice)
- sex-education for teenagers
- science education that's based on scientific theories (such a simple concept)
- stupid economic policy that hasn't worked in the past 8 years
- tax cuts for the rich (yeah if you make $250,000 AGI, you are rich)
- more spending on false wars like Iraq
- lack of freedom of choice (pro-life)
- ineffective abstinence training for teenagers (come on, didn't even work for the VP-nominee's daughter)
- science education that's based on hocus pocus (aka intelligent design. what a croc). How can we lead the world in technology when our scientific curriculum says the world was created in 7 days?