Why would someone that's against the so-called public option on the grounds that govt can't do anything right be proud of having gone to Virginia Tech or another public university? Why would the very same person feel secure knowing the men and women of the [insert juridiction here] police department are on the watch? Last time I checked, the federal govt was in charge of immigration (bad job), airport security (ok job), emergency response (ok job) and military defense (good job).
I don't know which health care system we'll end up but I know a few things:
- our current system is broken, ineffective and shameful. If we want to claim "best country in the world" status, we should be ashamed of a system where people are forced to marry Canadians for healthare. We ought to be ashamed of a system where every body (except for the very rich) is just one major health issue away from bankruptcy
- if we don't cover the uninsured in a structured way, we'll cover them in emergency room fees
- a system where your doctor orders unreasonable tests just because he wants to cover his ass when you eventually sue him...that can't be the best in the world
- a system where doctors pay through the nose for malpractice insurance premiums (which are then passed on to patients)...that can't be the best in the world
- a system where a little boy had to die from minor dental problems (which escalated because his mother couldn't afford dental care)...that can't be the best in the world
- it's hilarious that the GOP are now being fiscally responsible when it comes to healthcare for Americans. Meanwhile, when Bush wanted to wage a war of revenge and a futile exercise in nation building...then the GOP didn't worry about the deficit. If I have to leave a mountain of debt for my children, at least it's better for the money to have been spent taking care of Americans. At least attempting to take care of anyway...should health care reform fail spectacularly.
- Obama's handling of this healthcare agenda shows his inexperience.
- How badly do you think Bill Clinton wishes the power of the internet and social media was available during his presidency?
Post a Comment